INDIGENOUS HEALTH WORKER/HEALTH PROMOTION
Stratford Medical Centre and our Outreach Program, Wheels of Wellness (WOW) deliver primary and preventative health care services to the people of Cairns.
WOW operates multiple clinics in and around Cairns, providing a range of services to homeless or vulnerable men, women and children. We offer a holistic approach to managing acute health needs, general chronic disease management and preventative health care.
The organisation prides itself on delivering services to the community in a culturally safe style and manner that make clients feel welcome and comfortable to engage with our services in both our GP practice in Stratford, in the Cairns community both at mobile and fixed locations.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing health service activities, guided by program goals, applicable legislation and regulations;
- Contributing to the effective team management of medical needs, patient care plan systems, including participating in patient case conferences, managing patient follow-up procedure; and facilitating the breaking down of existing barriers in engaging with health services
- Client and provider advocacy, assisting clients to make informed decisions about their health management and assisting to break down barriers.
- Promoting good health practices, policies and education programs and contributing to innovative service delivery
- Maintaining collaborative teamwork with other service providers and supporting the growth and cohesion of our team.
If you are looking for an opportunity that offers huge diversity, strong mentorship, personal and career satisfaction this is the role for you!
You will be well-supported by a multi-disciplinary team offered by Stratford Medical Centre, including strong support in personal growth through our program.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience.
Please send an application letter and current resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday, 6 September, 2019 at 5pm.