MENTAL HEALTH NURSE OR MH PROFESSIONAL
Stratford Medical Centre and our Outreach Program, Wheels of Wellness (WOW) deliver primary and preventative health care services to the people of Cairns.
WOW operates multiple clinics in and around Cairns, providing a range of services to homeless or vulnerable men, women and children. We offer a holistic approach to managing acute health needs, general chronic disease management, alcohol and drug misuse support, mental health services and preventative health care, in a collaborative setting with other service providers.
The organisation prides itself on delivering services to the community in a culturally safe style and manner that make clients feel welcome and comfortable to engage with our services in both our GP practice in Stratford, and in the Cairns community at mobile and fixed locations.
We are seeking a skilled mental health professional to join the team.
You will need:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with a current annual practicing certificate.
- Extensive experience working in mental health settings and managing clients with severe and persistent mental health conditions and complex needs
- Experience with working with clients that use alcohol and other substances.
- Highly developed communication (including written) and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to engage people who are hard to reach and advocate on their behalf.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, carers and stakeholders.
- Current Driver’s License.
If you are looking for an opportunity that offers huge diversity, strong mentorship, personal and career satisfaction this is the role for you!
You will be well-supported by a multi-disciplinary team offered by Stratford Medical Centre, including strong support in personal and career growth through our program.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience.
Please send an application letter and current resume via email to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 6 September, 2019 at 5pm.